As Treasurer, Joan Wiest is responsible for overseeing all financial operations of the company on a daily basis. In addition, she serves as one of the firm’s leading Revaluation and Reassessment consultants and has been an integral member of the company’s Mass Appraisal training team. Joan also serves as Office Manager, overseeing all administrative support staff. Since 1973, Joan has been providing outstanding service to the company and its clients.
Ms. Wiest also serves as Assistant to the Tax Assessor in Maple Shade, New Jersey.
Ms. Wiest has received a wide range of professional education from the former Society of Real Estate Appraisers (SREA) now the Appraisal Institute (A.I.), the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO), the Rutgers University Center for Government Services, and the Renwick and Associates School of Real Estate Appraisal. She has also attended numerous seminars regarding mass appraisal work systems, real estate property sales, office management and administrative support, and internal financial accounting procedures.
- State of New Jersey Certified Tax Assessor (CTA)
- Member of the New Jersey Association of Municipal Assessors and member of Northeastern Association of Assessing Offices
- Former Treasurer and Past-President of the local chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP)
- Former Secretary to the Southern New Jersey Chapter of the Society of Real Estate Appraisers
- Formerly licensed real estate salesperson
Ms. Wiest has assisted with overall management for the following revaluations or re-assessments. Overall management included initial planning, creating the RFP, planning and leading the public meetings, planning the inspection program, notification letters, informal hearings, and establishing final value conclusions.
- Bordentown City, Burlington County (2008)
- Burlington Township, Burlington County (2005)
- Commercial Township, Cumberland County (2009)
- Delanco Township, Burlington County (2006)
- Eastampton Township, Burlington County (2006)
- Elsinboro Borough, Salem County (1993; 2008)
- Fairfield Township, Cumberland County (2011)
- Fieldsboro Borough, Burlington County (2009)
- Lawrence Township, Cumberland County (2010)
- Maple Shade Township, Burlington County (2000; 2006)
- Maurice River Township, Cumberland County(2010)
- Riverside Township, Burlington County (2006)
- Woodland Township, Burlington County (2005)
- Springfield Township (2005)
- Shiloh, Cumberland County (1993; 2011)
- Woodstown Borough, Salem County (1992)
- Former member of the Maple Shade Community Development and Redevelopment Commission (CDRC)
- Past president of the Maple Shade Jaycee-ettes
- Contributing volunteer to the Maple Shade Business Association and has been honored for her special assistance to the annual craft show
- Former member of the Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church Choir